Incandescent Salt Mine | Kat
Hey there! I’m Kat. I’m a 25-year-old writer, photographer, student, and mom from Michigan!
I’ve wanted to start a blog for a while but I wasn’t really sure what I wanted to blog about.
It took a while to navigate this, and I’m not nearly done. I want to write it all. I want to blog about books, writing, college, life, parenthood, relationships, photography, art, movies, tv shows, food… I want to tackle it all.
I wish I could say that Incandescent Salt Mine popped out of my skull fully formed like Athena, but it was a little more difficult than that.
I chose this name because I love the word “incandescent” and because it’s part of my favorite quote, featured as my tagline, “Completely and perfectly and incandescently happy.” (a Jane Austen quote, beloved by a girl who has never read any Jane Austen- I’ll apologize in advance for that)
I used “salt mine” because I’m a bit of a halophile– I’ve been on a (medically prescribed) high salt diet for several years, and over those years I have become more and more in love with salt. I nearly cried with joy when I saw the salt flats.
This website, like me, is a work in progress.
Some “fun facts” about me:
- I’m a medical encyclopedia- I’ve had a huge interest in healthcare, medicine, and pathology for as long as I can remember. School has only added to it.
- I love the mountains and the oceans, they set my soul on fire.
- I got my first DSLR with all of the money to my name after graduating high school. I started taking pictures when I was in middle school, and have loved photography most of my life.
- I am a full-time college student.
- I want to write contemporary YA novels, which are my favorite. I’ve been working on a few for the past decade or so.